522 Elms Boulevard
This foursquare stucco residence has elements of the Colonial Revival style, which was popular at the time of its construction. It retains the basic features of the foursquare -- a boxy, two-story mass with hip roof, and hip roof dormers. The roof eaves are widely overhanging and enclosed, with brackets at the corners. The full-width, one-story porch has a flat roof. The corner supports are massive, square stucco columns, while the two central supports are slender square stucco columns. The porch balustrade is solid stucco with concrete coping. The front (east) elevation is three bays wide. The central entry has paired, French doors of wood with multiple glass panes. They are set in an elaborated surround of engaged pilasters. On the second story, opening out onto the porch roof/balcony, is another pair of wood doors with multiple glass panes. In this case the two doors are separated by a wood pilaster, as well as being flanked by pilasters. The windows are five-over-one, double-hung sash, with slightly projecting entablatures. The dormer windows are slightly smaller, and are four-over-one. There is an exterior chimney on the south-elevation, with a projecting stone cap with brackets. The south elevation also has an oriel window supported by decorative wood knee brackets.
The Dr. Robichaux Residence
Constructed sometime between 1909 and 1913, the house has retained a high degree of architectural integrity (possibly only missing a balustrade on the second story of the front porch). It is a virtually intact example of a simple residential property type -- the American Foursquare -- to which classically inspired details have been added. Dr. E. C. Robichaux was the owner occupant from at least 1917 through 1940. In 1940, his offices were at 116 South street, shared with Eugene Robichaux.