525 Elms Boulevard
This simple gable-front house retains a few classical references in some architectural details, such as the pedimented gable ends, and the tapering round porch columns. The steeply pitched, two-story residence has a pedimented gable-front roof, with overhanging, enclosed caves and gable end returns. A wide, plain cornice band is under the roof eaves. The house faces west onto Elms Boulevard, and is covered with narrow wood clapboards. The one-story full-length front porch has a lower-pitched, gable front roof as well, also with overhanging eaves and gable end returns. It sits on a plain wood entablature, supported by tapering round columns on stone piers. The front door is wood, with a large oval sash in the upper half. A one-story bay is north of the front door, as well as at the east end of the north elevation. Windows vary in size, but all are one-over-one, double-hung sash with wide wood surrounds and a slightly projecting entablature. The windows have metal awnings. There is gable roof dormer on the side elevations, and a hip roof, one-story rear addition.
The Lewis Residence
Constructed sometime between 1909 and 1913, the house has retained a high-degree of architectural integrity. It is a virtually intact example of a simple gable-front house. A few of the architectural details are associated with the growing interest in revival style architecture; hence the clasically inspired details. In 1917, Dr. H.J. and Myrtle Clark, along with J.A. Smart, were residents. In 1922 through at least 1940, Glenn W. Lewis was the owner/occupant.