526 Elms Boulevard
This simple, two-story clapboard house has a gable-front roof with wide, overhanging boxed pedimented eaves, with a shallow mansard roof on the pediment end. The full-width, one-story front porch also has a gable-front roof with boxed, pedimented eaves. It sits on a plain entablature, supported by tapering round wood columns. The porch balusters are simple, square wood. The off-center front door is wood, with a large, fixed sash in the upper half and a metal storm door. The windows are one-over-one, double-hung sash with simple wood surrounds and slightly projecting entablatures. Several of the windows have metal awnings. The attic level of the gable-front has a square wood vent. A hipped roof oriel bay is centered on the first level of the south elevation. There are gable-roof dormers on the side elevations.
The Johnson Residence
This house was constructed sometime between 1909 and 1913, the house has retained a its architectural integrity. It is a virtually intact example of a simple residential propoerty type -- the gable-front house. From at least 1917 through 1922, C. L. Johnson was the owner/occupant. The 1926 and 1942 Sanborn maps indicate that the house was used for rooming as well.